Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed to Bozeman on August 5 for my mother's family reunion, I'll be there until the 11th...anybody want to fish? If one person wants to come, I'll bring my 1949 hot rod pickup and grab you wherever you are. If more than one are interested, I'll have to beg my dad's dodge.

Swimmy...don't out-dress me.

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
If one person wants to come, I'll bring my 1949 hot rod pickup and grab you wherever you are. If more than one are interested, I'll have to beg my dad's dodge.
If my Son-in-Law made me that offer, we'd be trading - I could content myself while tooling-around in his mint 'Cuda for a few days . . .

Nice, friendly & typical Montana response, Swimmy!

·
Registered
723 Posts
I'll be out in August as well.
Steak and a drink on me if anyone would like to fish with me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If my Son-in-Law made me that offer, we'd be trading - I could content myself while tooling-around in his mint 'Cuda for a few days . . .

Nice, friendly & typical Montana response, Swimmy!
Ooooooo...Barracuda!

I wasn't a MOPAR fan growing up, but I've gained an appreciation in my adult years.

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
I wasn't a MOPAR fan growing up, but I've gained an appreciation in my adult years.
I was a Chevy fan during my "need for speed" years, but the SIL's '66 Chevelle isn't done with the engine upgrade yet, so I reckon l'll settle for the sweet-driving, good-looking old 'Cuda . . . after all, he now has MY Treasure with my blessing - my Little Girl! Fair is fair . . .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was a Chevy fan during my "need for speed" years, but the SIL's '66 Chevelle isn't done with the engine upgrade yet, so I
l'll settle for the sweet-driving, good-looking old 'Cuda . . . after all, he now has MY Treasure with my blessing - my Little Girl! Fair is fair . . .
I agree, sounds like you deserve a few weeks alone with the 'cuda.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't go to Bozeman.
Cool story, bro.

Bozeman is where I was born. I've seen the change from the sleepy town that only had one interstate distance sign between it and billings (while Helena and Butte had about 12) to now when it is the busiest airport (technically belgrade airport) in the state. It also house some of the most advanced businesses in the state. It is central to two of the three best ski hills in Montana (and arguably one of the four best on the continent).

Bozeman has an actual mix of political beliefs--it isn't all dirty hippies or all super-right wingers.

Bozeman is home to the absolute best university in 300 miles (any direction). I say that based on cost to attend and likelihood of getting a job which pays more than minimum wage. I also say that based on the fact that the years I attended the mechanical engineering department had one of the highest rates of students passing the FE (fundamentals of engineering) exam in the country (MIT was one of the few with a marginally higher pass rate).

You may not like bozeman, fine, stay the hell out of threads about bozeman, then.

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
Cool story, bro.

You may not like bozeman, fine, stay the hell out of threads about bozeman, then.
I didn't say I didn't like Bozeman. I just said I don't go there.. It's quite a jaunt for me. I'm 81 and that drive just tires me out to much. The last few years have just drained me.. It has a few strong points. Like the Museum Of the Rockies. I always want to go there, but I just can't get around like I used to..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I didn't say I didn't like Bozeman. I just said I don't go there.. It's quite a jaunt for me. I'm 81 and that drive just tires me out to much. The last few years have just drained me.. It has a few strong points. Like the Museum Of the Rockies. I always want to go there, but I just can't get around like I used to..
My apologies. Be well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.