Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Make my day
4,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally caved in and picked up a new rod. I've been working with rods in the medium to medium/fast my whole life and wanted something that could handle the (G..D.. F...ing) beach wind better. This should do the trick.

·
Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
14,855 Posts
Congrats.
Never fished one, but have heard nothing but good things about those sticks.
Now let's hope this summer we get the opportunity to put a bend in some 6 wts off the beaches.
SF

Reactions: Porter

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
Between this and the new Suburban, you're mad money jar must be getting low. Never cast the 3s, but lots of good reports about it. Have fun.

·
Registered
11,299 Posts
Is the reversed cone on your clousers to move more water?
Yessir. The flies currently in my tin are stuff I tied up for winter blackmouth last year. There's not a ton of info out there about fly fishing for them off the beach but a common theme I read was flies that push a lot of water are good. With that in mind I tied up a bunch of crazy shit including reverse cones, propellers, and this monstrosity. I actually hooked two fish on this one so I know it wasn't a total waste

·
Retired, gone fishin'
1,692 Posts
Yessir. The flies currently in my tin are stuff I tied up for winter blackmouth last year. There's not a ton of info out there about fly fishing for them off the beach but a common theme I read was flies that push a lot of water are good. With that in mind I tied up a bunch of crazy shit including reverse cones, propellers, and this monstrosity. I actually hooked two fish on this one so I know it wasn't a total waste

View attachment 136226
Thanks Nick.

·
This work thing keeps getting in the way
327 Posts
Great rods that wont break the bank. Enjoy the new stick
Have had a 9wt Ion for several years and handles Kenai sockeye great Also own a 7wt switch and just bought 4wt SR to use as a 2 handed on the beaches during high tide when back cast is limited Hoping to get it out on Friday for a test drive

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.