Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Bull Trout

2314 Views 7 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Chris Johnson
Stunning video/photography. Good for a quick, Thursday morning shot of adrenalin:

(If this has appeared B/4, it's worth a 2nd look.)
Reactions: 5
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Wow! That's amazing videography. That water looks absolutely beautiful.
Just spent two weeks in the Bob Marshall Wilderness fishing the South Fork of the Flathead River. Got to see some of these bad boys up close and personal. Beautiful creatures.
Reactions: 1
In Montana they are called Bull Trout. And protected. In Washington State they keep trying to call them Dolly Varden. And they let you catch them.
The three I saw at the bumping,American confluence were impressive. All between 2-2.5' they were feeding in about ten inches of water from a little side channel coming back into the main flow. It wasn't a friendly affair. The two smaller ones would try to get a better feeding position & the bigger one would aggressively chase them off.
The three I saw at the bumping,American confluence were impressive. All between 2-2.5' they were feeding in about ten inches of water from a little side channel coming back into the main flow. It wasn't a friendly affair. The two smaller ones would try to get a better feeding position & the bigger one would aggressively chase them off.
I pulled a nice one out of the little naches during my annual trip last year. It was also in low water along a side channel.
Beautiful fish, I love Bull Trout.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.