Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A suck fest. Camped at the confluence of the three for three days. They weren't taking anything whether on the surface or below. In the three days the two of us had three fish to the net on all thre rivers. The only hi light was finding three bull trout lurking around the confluence. They ran from about two feet to two & a half feet each. I only had my 5wt with me but thought it was worth a shot,so I threw on a 16 cj & drifted it through the big pool at the confluence. First drift one of them took it. I played him for about a minute,trying to keep him out of the giant log jam but in the end my 5x tippet just want enough for the job & he snapped off.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hear any elk bugling in the early morning or evening? My brother used to go fish the American in early/mid Sept because he enjoyed hearing the elk while camping & fishing.

·
Banned
1,626 Posts
A suck fest. Camped at the confluence of the three for three days. They weren't taking anything whether on the surface or below. In the three days the two of us had three fish to the net on all thre rivers. The only hi light was finding three bull trout lurking around the confluence. They ran from about two feet to two & a half feet each. I only had my 5wt with me but thought it was worth a shot,so I threw on a 16 cj & drifted it through the big pool at the confluence. First drift one of them took it. I played him for about a minute,trying to keep him out of the giant log jam but in the end my 5x tippet just want enough for the job & he snapped off.
Used to be a favorite trip for a good fiend of mine. Sorry to hear it has hit the skids.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.