Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ha guys Cabelas has LSI fly rods on sale now. $113 for single hand rods and $149 for spey/switch rods. Lifetime warranty on all Cabelas rods now. Guess Cabelas got the message about warranties on there rods. By the way my buddies who spey fish a lot said the Cabelas LSI Spey/switch rods are outstanding.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I think Echo rods are a better value
I also like that Echo is a company that is actually involved in the industry and industry issues. The guys who work there flyfish and care about flyfishing. And while their rods are made overseas, the company is Washington based, which means something to me.

That's not to crap on anyone who buys from Cabelas. I've spent money there plenty of times. Just more of a comment on why I like Echo (and Sage/Redington and, for that matter, Lamiglas).

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have been trying to decided between the 10' 8wt LSI vs. the 10' 8wt Echo ION. I am leaning towards the Echo ION given the reviews I have read. Any other budget rod suggestions would be appreciated. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have been trying to decided between the 10' 8wt LSI vs. the 10' 8wt Echo ION. I am leaning towards the Echo ION given the reviews I have read. Any other budget rod suggestions would be appreciated. :)
LSI's are pretty good little rods. I bought the 5wt 3 years ago or so when this sale was on and really was shocked how nice it fished

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I bought the 9' 6" 7 wt. LSI when they had them for $99.
I recently had it and my 9' 6" 6 wt. Hardy Zenith out with comparable lines and would say that the LSI was neck and neck with the Zenith, granted the Zenith was one weight lighter.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I'd go with the Echo. I hear that their cork tastes better:rolleyes:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've owned a few of these and while they are solid for the price, I broke a few and was told upon 2nd breakage that the "lifetime" guarantee on there Rods means they will replace it ONCE. Once it is replaced, it no longer carries warranty...
This was info from a fat chick in Reno that was pretty pissed off in general and also from over two years ago.
I decided to stop supporting them personally when they explained this swindle!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.