Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally going to take the plunge and get my first fly fishing rod and reel (and line and flies and ... man this is an expensive hobby). I want to get a 9ft 5 wt, mostly for trout fishing within-an-hour-of-Seattle lakes and rivers. I was about to get the Sage DS2, but since I have lots of Cabela's points to burn I'm also considering the Cabela's SLi. Does anybody have an opinion on this rod? Who makes the blank? The SLi package Cabela's offers looks like a really good deal.

I'd appreciate any and all advice.

Thanks!
Eric
:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not really on topic, but:
Cabela's Stowaway rods are supposed to be great. I haven't tested them, but I have two friends who have 'em and love 'em and I have read a few places on the internet that they are really good rods for the price.

·
Patrick
1,805 Posts
The Stowaway rod is a good rod just do not get one of their reels. My Drake II keeps having trouble which is why I replaced it with a reel from SA. I did break the tip of the rod once and they sent me a new one including shipping both ways.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.