Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any fished cady lately? I am thinking about going up there
this weekend what should i use has , any one caught anything
of any size up there recently.Any info would be great.THANKS.
:DUNNO :THUMBSUP

·
Registered
728 Posts
get yourself a map of the tahuya penninsula, more beaver ponds than you could imagine, can keep you exploring a whole season, bass, trout, you name. I got a few ponds that the trout are huge, 3-5lbs, I put on a salamander just messing around and a bass took it and broke me off in a log jam, huge swirl from it, if fought harder than any bass I caught before and I was quite the bass fisherman for about 5 years there, biggest was 8.09 out of long lake. but largemouth and smallmouth and bull bluegill. you have to get your feet dirty to find them. top of the line bear hunting if your in to that to. Ben

G

·
Beaver ponds don't open up until the 1st of June. Also get Micro Brew to give you info. I think that it's his favorite lake. Jim S. :BIGSMILE

·
previously micro brew
4,663 Posts
I haven't fished it for about 6 weeks, so I'm not sure what is happening now. I did okay casting a gray zonker into the shore, working around the logs. The area down by Larry's boats seem to produce well. The lake gets deep rather quick, so close to the shore is not a problem. I tried deep with olive / black WB's, but didn't have much luck on them. Not sure where I will hit this weekend - perhaps Cady or Pass.
Sorry I couldn't be more help, I should have more to report in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info micro brew , if i were you i would go up to
pass lake it was pretty productive for my friend and I.I don't know if you read the pass lake report but i caught a 19" inch
rainbow and a 22" inch brown with quite a few 10" inch to
16" inch bows mixed in the catch.Just troll a small wooly bugger on a type 5 sinking line or cast to shore and retrieve
with three or four six inch strips and pause then repeat.I would
go back to pass but it's a long drive from tacoma so were going to try cady.GOOD LUCK. :THUMBSUP

·
previously micro brew
4,663 Posts
Fly15:

You bet I read the Pass Lake report - thanks. That's why I am considering it.
As far as Cady goes, we have a place up on Mason Lake and I use it as a jumping off point for Cady, Spencer (b4 Memorial Day) and other lakes ponds in the area. It's kind of nice to come back to a warm place this time of year in between fishing forays.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.