Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday 4-12-03 I will be chillin at the ford noodling some lunkers to my secret leech pattern! hahahah

Anyway, just wanted to send an invite out to ya'll. I can guarantee that by the time this trip is deployed that best western in Ephreta is going to be packed. So come one come all!

MAC

PS: Bring those nasty carp flies because when I was there three weeks ago I saw a slew of carp in the lower reaches by the "fenceline".

·
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As you know, I will be sleeping at the best western where I can hang in the sauna before slipping into bed and wake up to a continental breakfast before spanking some hogs down at the ford. I know you will be sleeping in the handy capped parking lot next to the outhouse (just to prove how rugged you are). Shall I drop off a bed of nails for you? You know, just to complete things?

Mac

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Are you gonna be camping out friday night at the BW then, or saturday night?? You headin over with the rusty sidekick to share a room with again?? What about your big brother, is he coming this time??

~Patrick ><>

·
Slainte
6,656 Posts
Nothing for sure but...

...I had planned to leave for the property Thursday and work there Friday, Saturday, and fish Sunday morning. Maybe I'll shift it one day and start with fishing and Team Rugged. I can always work Sunday and Monday....Hmmm?

Roper,

Good things come to those who wade...

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
Nothing for sure but...

I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

You guys are making this sound kinda tempting to an old man. Staying in a warm place getting a good nights sleep before going out and spanking the fish. :bawling :bawling :beathead

Jim

·
Registered
844 Posts
Mac, if you're looking for carp, just go to where Rocky Ford crosses 17. There are a ton of them with lots of public access.

And I saw your bunny leech of death...My gawd man, how many rabbits have to die to satisfy your lust for bunny leeches?? :p

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
ahhhhahahahaha! Rowdy's bunny leech of death...the only death is the 6 rabbits that must die to make one!!! hahahahha!}( }( :bawling }( }( The tail is like a foot long...hahahahahaha!!! hey rowdy, do you own stock in rabbit strips, are you trying to corner the market???? too funny....I'm crying.:bawling :p :p YT:smokin

·
SANCHO!
1,692 Posts
Hi I just got back from a great trip to the ford. I stayed at the Notaras Lodge http://www.notaraslodge.com/ in Soap Lake, and it's like a 10 minute drive down the 17. Pulled in about 8 hogs and 4 little guys. The patterns that worked the best are some smaller sized blue wing olives, red and black chironomid's and the ever trusty san juan worm. I also had one of the best trips ever on the Yak on sunday. The part that follows the 10 towards Cle Elum. The March Browns and Smaller Stones were killin'm. Well here's a pic from the Ford... Cheers!

http://www.webauction4u.com/images/listingimages/byrs/mar_rck_frd.jpg

·
Registered
844 Posts
I'm sensing a "Of Mice and Men" moment..

"And I get to tend the rabbits, George!" :rofl

Ohh..and ******, check you inbox!

·
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Backyard, Notaras sounds dope. I've decided to move my Rezvendous to that place instead of the best western in Ephreta.:thumb

And, that is a perty fishy ya got there in that picture. What? No bunny Leeches?

Mac

·
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dude, ******, what in the world are you doing calling me at 12am? I was fast asleep and there you are ringing my phone making me trip over my sheep skin rug as I scramble and fumble finding my phone.

You are dead to me.

MAC:beathead

·
SANCHO!
1,692 Posts
Hey Mac,

It's a great place. Really quiet with a nice restaurant (DONS) across the street and walking distance from a couple booze holes. I stayed in the "Luck of the Draw" gambling theme room. So if you get that one be carefull of the carpet as there may be some size 18 midge patterns waiting to imbed themselves into your foot. (Note: Don't organize your flybox after drinking 4 Jack and Cokes.)

I have never used any Bunny leach patterns in the ford. Even after years of Fly Rod misuse and bad technique, I don't trust myself to launch a half pound leach into a pool next to other "Fly Snobs" haha!

Have a great trip and don't make the mistake I made of not bringing a net. I didn't get to touch the biggest fish of the trip that was caught off the dock cause I don't think the 4lb leader stood a chance of pulling that guy over the railing.

Cheers! ~Chris

·
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh yes the infamous Handicapped dock. Well my friend, personally I use 8lb maxima so I don't really have a problem with needing a net. And that brand new 4X 7lb. Seaguar flouro I use for the small stuff is strong as anything I have ever used. But yes, I can see where there would be a problem in regards to the handycapped dock. Just call up PWOENS next time you want to fish off the dock. He's just "skinny" enough to "squeeze" between the railings and dangle from one foot while unhooking the barbless stuff. I saw this feat performed many times one day as his Dad hauled in many many hogs.

Join up with Team Rugged for an outing sometime! We'd love to have ya. And Pat would love to retrieve for you because he's become really good at it. He's had a lot of practice retrieving for others. You know, since he's not busy retrieving his own.

MAC

·
Slainte
6,656 Posts
Ouch!

So this is how we dog a good guy who helps out his "old man" by doing his release because he's on the handicapped dock(and like me, too big to fit through the railing)? Where's the love Mac???

You're all in big trouble, it looks like I might give the 'Ford one more chance to give me some trout. See your sorry butts on Friday afternoon, Rugged style!!!

Roper,

Good things come to those who wade...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.