Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to Camano for a couple of days....anniversary with wife but she sleeps late. So... has anyone fished the salt on Camano? I know the silvers are late, but maybe this light weather will start the push. Any good silver/searun beaches?

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have been fortunate enough to meet a few Camano Island natives that were willing to show me some impressive fishing for S.R.C.'s and Dolly's out there. Keep in mind, this is all C.-n-R. fishing. Without breaking my oath of silence, I'll tell you look for Public acess then structure inside of a bay on the North side of the island for S.R.C.'s
or look for drift wood lined beaches and coves on the East for Dolly's. The fish are there, just fish the last hour or two Of the incoming (evening) tide and fish untill slack high, then the fish disappear. The Dolly's are my favorite, you can cast to fish that are agressivly feeding on baitfish on the surface. My best to date is almost 7lbs. and they will go larger.
Good luck and don't trespass.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Clouser as well, in olive I prefer (seems the dolly's do as well). I have found though that the dolly's are lazy and would rather hit a free drifting fly, just the opposite of the Silvers and S.R.C.'s. The cove I fish has a currant while the tide comes in, and I fish it like you would a river. I have had the best results with a clear intermediate line and 4'-5' 3x tippet and they usally take it pretty hard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.