Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Certainly someone you know would eat them, fertilize with them, even use them for crab bait?

·
A collector never stops collecting!
4,895 Posts
Sell them on the side of the road for gas money! I would take some, if Vic wasn't bringing back a bunch of AK fish today!

·
Registered
350 Posts
I asked Jess if Jeff could keep them lit and she thought he could, unfortunately he is still looking for the frying pan for the pork chops, and then has to find the chops, so probably better give them to the food bank.
Craig

·
Registered
15,541 Posts
I've canned a lot of fish. IMO only spring/summer chinook and sockeye are worth canning, but then I'm a snob when it comes to fish. I like the best, and canned steelhead is way, way down the list. Smoked steelhead is good, but how much can a person really use?

Sg

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
As odd as this may read, check your Fishing Regulations on 'how' you have to 'give a way' a Steelhead you've caught. Couple of years back I was shuffling through Oregon's and did a 'Say What???' The 'required' paperwork on who caught the fish, where, gave to whom, etc., and etc., was a real eye opener.

·
Physhicist
4,022 Posts
Hate to say it but just do the right thing. Throwing them in the garbage isn't what I'd consider the right thing.

Eat 'em or give 'em away to people who'd be happy to have fresh fish for dinner. Pretty tought to justify just tossing them in the garbage to sidestep the regs....

One more time we all look like a bunch of snobs. (No, I don't know your specific situation but it does seem a bit elitist).

Not judging, just saying.

·
I’m a whale
4,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
really?,well let me clear ya up PT, i dont eat freshwater fish, nor do i keep them. sidestepping regs? - i catch and retain my 4 fish for the day(legal), i wanna throw them away (illegal)?............sidestepping? i dont want to spend time trying to keep fish "fresh" for someone while im fishing on my dollar. call me selfish but never an elitist, the farthest from it brother!

·
"Ride'n Dirty."
1,631 Posts
This is just an idea, only that, but if you went to the nearest camp ground, Icicle creek or an of the other ones in the immediate area you could give them to a camper or the camp host.
Can you imagine the look on someone's face when you tell them you don't eat fresh steelhead. Here, you take it. :rofl:

·
I’m a whale
4,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fred makes a good point about giving fish away, if you happen to be given a fish while at a campsite along the river, you might have to have a catch card? i dont know, ill call wdfw and ask them

·
I’m a whale
4,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
called wdfw, they are closed today due to state budget costs??? what.........said to call back on next business day but didnt say when that was..............when you need answers, now what?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.