Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been contemplating finding a trailer for my canoe that I can tow it keel down. That way I can just load everything up in the canoe at the house and go. Issues I'm running into are: it's 17' most trailers are wider then I would like for a canoe, trailers with the right width are to short, and finally all the manufactured trailers for canoes are $900+. Does anyone have any advice on a trailer that would work? Or even how to build one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I have a 17' aluminum double-ender which we used to keep on a boat trailer. It was great during duck season--we left the boat blind, paddles and decoys in it in the back yard during season. And it sure beat wrestling 70+ wet pounds on top of my rig. I just went to a boat trailer place and bought a small one nrmally used for a john boat, or bateau for you Cajuns. Worked like a charm and never had an issue. It hung out but that is what the which strap and tie down strap are for. And like Ed says, you can get a longer tongue. Thinking of doing it again because I still have the canoe in my garage (storing it for my kid who is on the east coast) and now that I'm getting older, the damn thing has gained weight!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.