Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
I know they fish them in sections of The Snake... believe that to be the closest opportunity for me now? I tried fishing for them near Moses Lake some years ago - after seeing one of our members videos. I saw some mudding, but could not get anywhere close enough to make a cast. The water was flat and clear and they are a wee bit spooky. I cannot recall the guy's handle who specializes in this fishery over in the Columbia Basin... perhaps someone else knows? Suggest sending him a PM.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I know they fish them in sections of The Snake... believe that to be the closest opportunity for me now? I tried fishing for them near Moses Lake some years ago - after seeing one of our members videos. I saw some mudding, but could not get anywhere close enough to make a cast. The water was flat and clear and they are a wee bit spooky. I cannot recall the guy's handle who specializes in this fishery over in the Columbia Basin... perhaps someone else knows? Suggest sending him a PM.
Are you thinking @MrP ?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Does anyone target carp in or around vantucky?

Looking for options to fish for around here.
We are having John Montana give his carp fishing presentation at our monthly fly club meeting in March. You are welcome to come as a guest you just have to pay for your dinner. The meeting is Tuesday, March 14th at the University Club in downtown Portland. Wetfly hour is 6PM, Dinner at 7PM, and the presentation starts at 8PM. It is the Flyfishers Club of Oregon - here is the website - http://flyfisherscluboregon.com

Anyone reading this is also welcome.

PM me if you want more information.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Not the video I mentioned, but this guy certainly found a honey hole. Fly looks like a Crazy Charlie pattern.

Cool video. I like Korn for the soundtrack. He does it like I do, even has the same boat. Row around until you spot tailing carp, ditch the boat, and stalk them on foot.

·
Hot Carl
8,805 Posts
I have been reluctant but the Steelhead fishery is abysmal this year.
I live a quick jaunt from both the Sandy and Clackamas (20ish mins to each from my corner of PDX) and have landed one fish in about 8 trips. To say it's been abysmal is an understatement.

And those numbers are me fishing gear. If I can't catch them on spoons and centerpins, something's wrong.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.