Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm leaving Kirkland at 5 am to spend the day at rcf. If anyone wants to join me let me know.

Any tips on what size pheasant tails or hares ears to use? Bead or no been? I have a bunch of green scuds. Anything else I should be trying?

515 556 6568

· Registered
7,462 Posts
Not too far from RF is Lenore and the rumor from Matt at the fly shop is that there are some big trouts at the south end. 'Nother option to consider.

As for RF, I often tie a very small leech (size 16 max) and trail a scud. No indicator, just keep my eye on the end of the line for a twitch.... that pair has been a good duo for many years.

· Registered
7,462 Posts
I owe you an apology and hope you didn't go to Lenore's south end. I offered that piece of advice based upon hearing it at a fly shop from the fly shop guy. I drove by this morning and I'd say the south end of the lake is unfishable because of floating crap. Algae, dead decaying weeds, not sure. Awful. Sorry.

· Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nope. Fished all day at rfc. Caught my first trout on a dry fly! That's a lot of fun! . Parachute Adams was getting lots of rises today. Only had one hit under an indicator. Big fish that broke me off. . Nothing on leaches or streamers.

I feel like I'm getting closer to figuring them out.
Figured out the double haul! . What a difference! Although I now have a nasty blister on my casting hand thumb.

5 hour drive but overall I'd say that it was worth it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.