Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,it has been a while since I posted here!! I always try to learn from the posts made!anyway I am heading to the cascade river tommarrow,I am only in 1 yr and learning stage of my flyfishing.I know how to cast[somewhat]read water[study,but probably not enough!!],but my problem is selecting a bug that [email protected]!!,I try midges,drys when I see bugs flying on the water,and chrominoids, what could I be doing wrong?? any advice? I sure would appreciate it!! thanks a bunch!! :HMMM

·
Formerly Tight Loops
1,341 Posts
This time of year for me its Eggo all the way:

http://www.westfly.com/patterns/steelhead/eggo.shtml

And a little white marabou added either as a tail or wing or both can make this be a little more fly like. fish it down stream of redds or groups of chum. And extend down the river a good ways, not just right behind.
---------
Genetic pollution damages wild
stocks, bonk those Hatchery Zombies!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would have to agree with crump--Big Dollies up there! My question is what percentage of those hatchery Steelhead make it up river past the hatchery? There is usually a hood of gear heads clogging the lower runs--good luck!

mcronariver

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.