Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally took the ferry and made the drive to vist the AATF Spey Casting with Mike Kinney. Despite my total lack of skill and experience Mike explained how casts build, from basic to advanced, and explained them in a manner that just makes great sense. I appreciate the opportunity of one on one time as he worked up and down the bank with those there to improve their skills. Thank you Mike. I should make every effort to come back as often as possible. Anyone who has not gone should strongly consider attending. Anyone from Kitsap interested in carpooling, let me know.

It was also great meeting new faces and seeing familar ones (Bill, Leland, Brian, thanks to each of you for some pointers on the water as well. It is all very beneficial).

·
Fly Guy Eat Pie
460 Posts
hey Mumbles did you go on Sunday? I was out there with Mike and Bill on Saturday and it is definitely awesome to have them literally give you 1 on 1 time. Being that it was my first time casting spey, Mike made it very fun to cast a two hander. Also gave me a lot of great tips on casting my new 8 wt single hander. I'll be out there this weekend again to try out some more two handers.

·
Fly Guy Eat Pie
460 Posts
I too had a great experience with Mike and the rest of the AATF gang. Mike helped me after the cleanup on Saturday and again on Sunday. Thanks!
great meeting you this past weekend btw. How did you do out there on Saturday btw?
How long are you in WA for until you head back to MO? we should hit the waters sometime soon before you head back.

-Chris

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
You finally got to meat 'Santa Claus??' Too Cool. Ah, the stories I could tell about the 'Spey 'Clave' he held years a go. More fun than a barrel of monkeys .... save for the entire area a week or so later was deep under water with a 100 year flood. The huge Oak tree I had the motor home parked next to ..... GONE! Yikes!
fae

·
Make my day
4,820 Posts
Hay Ed, next time you come over, give me a call. You could walk on and I'll pick you up at the dock.
Jeff

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Jeff. I sat a while in the holding lane on the way home. I though of you then. Sorry I rudely had not thought of calling you before. I'll see if I can schedule another trip and will let you know well in advance.

G

·
I think anyone who can make it to the clinic should go and meet Mike and learn at least one thing from him. Mike has a certain way about him like he just fits with a fly rod, there are people in the world that wont get the opportunity to meet him and listen to how he can tune your casting skills. Consider yourself lucky..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.