Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JUst to give everyone a heads up, the Cedar is running fast, high, and MUDDY. visibility last night was about 1 foot, and the rain continues. If you choose to fish it be careful wading.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
don't try to wade it boyz.............you'll get swept into a logjam. I checked it at 6 PM and it looks like pea soup mixed with concrete and there are NO gravel bars....wading is way too dangerous now. The lower river trail has been closed due to flooding over the concrete path, that should tell you something.......stay safe everyone........sleep in, have a giant bowl of cocoa puffs and coffee and watch Roland Martin in the morning. Don't risk your neck for a trout.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Mingo has it !! You can't even feed them bread balls it's so fast !!!
No shit Kev! it is crazy fast still.............I walked the lower river a bit this morning and even tried running some double nymph rigs up under the branches in the few places where it "slowed" a bit....I hate fishing in the trees and it is WAAAY too high. I ran into two other guys who gave up too......

·
Tim the Toolman
50 Posts
To answer Stew's request, I sent an email to get some idea about who controls the flow and if they predict future releases. Having fished the Sierras in central Cali, the dam dam operators were good about posting planned releases so at least you could sorta' kinda' plan a trip knowing what the flows and levels would be. This is the reply I received:

"Dear Mr. Allen,
Scott Thomsen, at Seattle City Light, forwarded me your June 11 inquiry regarding advance notice of water releases from Chester Morse Lake.
After doing some checking, I’ve learned that Seattle Public Utilities (which operates the Masonry Dam, on Chester Morse Lake) does not have a website showing scheduled release from the lake —nor, due to a lack of resources, is advance release information available in any form.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions."

So yeah, my question remains, when you gonna' shut off the water? It was perfect before the opener and it was raining then too. I think they intentionally screw us out of at least the month on June, maybe longer. Must have a deal going with somebody.

Anyways, I haven't found out who the guy is with the wheel to the penstocks in his hands, but if I DO find out......
Tim Allen

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.