Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Angler, Gastronomist, Artist, Jarhead, Geek
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My knee is still recovering, so the idea of climbing over boulders to get to fish was out of the question.
Went to the Cedar for its easy wading and convenient paths.
The water clarity was very good albeit it was running a tad too fast for my liking.
It was 6:30 PM with a noticeable caddis hatch with no fish rising to the occasion.
I set up a nymphing rig (bead head caddis) with no indicator into the seams where I was greeted with many willing participants.
Switched to a streamer with no results, went back to nymphing and continued to play.
Fished until dark with a total of 12 landed. 3 LDR'd. The largest of which was 16 inches.
Its amazing how good a injury feels when you get into fish.

-Lex

·
Registered
578 Posts
Good report--and much different from mine: Swung black buggers most of the time with no result. Swung small soft hackles with no result. Nymphed with no result. Of course, I was fishing in the middle of the afternoon (hell, ya gotta fish when you have the time, right?).

Yes, the water is still a tad fast--I went in ass-first just as I was climbing out to leave. It was a damp drive home....

Tom

·
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You gotta love it when you get dunked, because you fill your quota for the year and you make sure that you don't make the same mistake... until you become lax again the next season.

-Lex

·
Registered
235 Posts
Stew I think you're mising out. I like the lower flows but I couldn't hold back anymore. I can't really fish all the sections that I like to fish but the action at dusk is still present. It isn't quite as hot as the late summer but I have been taking between 10-15 nightly.

·
Been around
387 Posts
You gotta love it when you get dunked, because you fill your quota for the year and you make sure that you don't make the same mistake... until you become lax again the next season.

-Lex
I dunked myself on the Cedar last week for the first time in 11 years. So long camera in my vest pocket. Hopefully my quota is based on a ten year time frame. Then I'm good till 2020. I like that.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hah! Yeah, me too--camera in the vest pocket. The WATERPROOF ZIPPERED vest pocket, with the zipper open. But then again, this same camera was found by me on the Sauk a couple of years ago. I'm thinking it'll dry out and still work....

Tom

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
Lex, great outing report. How did your knee feel 24 hours after your adventure?

·
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It did feel a little tender 24 hours afterwards. Today it feels incredibly better almost on a level of I'm almost willing to take a risk on it. I religiously do my therapy, I play it safe and I use my brace less and less everyday and I can walk around at normal speed.

-Lex

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.