Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
east coast transplant
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've yet to do much fishing for sea-run cutts, but have read a lot about it here and the face-to-face fly swap last weekend got me pretty pumped to try. I was thinking of getting out this weekend to test my luck and wondering if anyone here would like to join up for some beach fishing either Saturday or Sunday.

I was thinking of heading to the South Sound, but am open to anything. Like I said, I don't have much experience with SRCs, just thought it would be a good weekend to do some exploring and would love to have some company. Who knows -- maybe I'll even catch that first sea-run...

Reply or PM if you're interested.

Rob

·
east coast transplant
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No luck on the forum, but I ended up heading down to the South Sound yesterday. Stopped by the fly shop in Gig Harbor and fished two beaches near there... no luck on the first but after an hour or so at the second I landed a beautiful cutthroat! Probably around 14 inches or so, a real nice fish. It was great to catch my first SRC and I am looking forward to more good days in the Salt in the future.

Rob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.