Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
While I don't have direct experience with them, Cabela's may also have some decent budget reels that may not break the bank while your wife tire-kicks the whole fly fishing thing. Also, if you sign up for Orvis emails/catalogs, they somewhat regularly send out a coupon for $25 off any item regularly priced at $50 or higher, which would get you into a Clearwater reel just under your budget.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have a Pflueger Trion I just dug out of a drawer that you can have. I had kept it on a TFO 6 weight and loaned it to people who were visiting from out of town and wanted to fish when the pinks were in. It also pulled some monster browns one summer in Montana as a backup, when my main setup was stolen. It has some boat rash, and I think an old #6 Rio weight forward floating line on it....and what looks like old fly line as backing...not sure what's going on there. It could use some TLC and a new life, but it's got great fish mojo in its history, and plenty of miles left on it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a Pflueger Trion I just dug out of a drawer that you can have. I had kept it on a TFO 6 weight and loaned it to people who were visiting from out of town and wanted to fish when the pinks were in. It also pulled some monster browns one summer in Montana as a backup, when my main setup was stolen. It has some boat rash, and I think an old #6 Rio weight forward floating line on it....and what looks like old fly line as backing...not sure what's going on there. It could use some TLC and a new life, but it's got great fish mojo in its history, and plenty of miles left on it.
Perfect! I'll PM you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.