Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set up my 8wt and hit the beach determined to find Coho ready for a hook up. I landed on 12 in Sea Run about 30 minutes into the outing. I told my wife I'd just fish for an hour, but got carried away again. Just as I was about to call it a night, this monster Sea Run tagged my fly. At first, finally the Coho are here. When I got the fish in closer I was disappointed because it was too small for a keeper Coho. Once I landed it I was delighted to see the largest, fatest Sea Run I've ever caught.

I caught a couple 17"er's last fall; this one was more like 18-19.

Just as I released the fish my wife called. She wasn't as excited as I was....

Jeff Regan

·
Smells like low tide.
7,951 Posts
Nice oinker! I'll bet it was a fun one!
Its funny how at first we can be first disappointed because our expectations are off, and then be pleasantly surprised when we find that they are exceeded. But its still the same fish and same fight!

·
I'd rather be reading water
138 Posts
That is the fattest SRC I have ever seen!

·
Fishon
1,602 Posts
YEAH, GET A BIGGER NET FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! And While you are AT IT, get a bigger rod too, sheesh, what were you thinking!!!!???? Make sure to bring your fish tank next time, so you can catch the fish with a HUGE net, then drop it in the FISH TANK and then snap pictures! And before you release it please make sure to feed it for all it's effort! Goshlee!

Seriously, just kidding, killer fish wishing it was on my end of the rod!

I think the guy learned his lesson on the first post/hint. Leave it to the Trout handling police to state the obvious once again, and again, barf.

·
He called me an Elitist ?? LOL ..what a moron
682 Posts
Now if Mumbles had seen you land that there fishy, I could picture him swatting you in the back of the head and giving you an ear full. Then he would pat you in the back and say well done!

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
I value Jeff's input greatly and admire his efforts to track them down. That is a magnificent fish for sure and I've enjoyed looking at that photo numerous times. I know from his great input here on the site fora and blogs that he respects our resources well. No need for me to say more than that. Mr. E. you've got a great memory my friend.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.