Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been told that chironomid fishing with a strike indicator isnt really fishing :dunno :dunno . People would also say that chironomid fishing can be hot if you get it dialed in and beyond frustrating if you dont have the patience. Well prior to this weekend I had never given chironomid fishing any recognition, with the exception of watching GotChasr slay em at Dry Falls!! Well this weekend was my turn to dial in with chiros. We went to a local true east side :p mountain lake and met up with iveofione. I watched the fish from shore and noted what they were doing. Buggers were slow and damsels were not working so it was chiro time. Sure enough fish after fish after fish. Within 6 hours I had over 50 fish and not only the typical little guys of 11-12" inchers but also some fatties. I have never pulled fish this big out of this little lake. It was a blast and my point is == chiro fishing isnt all that bad after all :thumb :thumb :thumb . Heck I even got Ive to put on a couple of chiros, which he swore never to do :p :p . It was by far the best day yet this year and pdaddy actually got some fish also, using flies I tied }(
~Patrick ><>

·
Registered
338 Posts
Happy to hear you got it dialed in!!! I personally hate chironomid fishing, it's the chironomid CATCHING I like. Now that you've got it figured out, let me know when you are up for Dry Falls again.

Scott

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I don't think anybody ever said it didn't work, and when it works as good as it did for you, it would be pretty hard to call it boring.

Me, I love chironomids. I love to tie them, and I catch a lot of fish with them. I just prefer to fish them on a vertical sinking line so I can keep myself awake with a hand-twist retrieve on the less-than-50-fish days. But I will admit the appeal of getting to watch a bobber twitch and go under. Hell, I've spent the last two Saturdays at pine lake with the boy, fishing bobbers and worms with a closed-faced spinning reel.

Sporting age hell! I feel young again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.