Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have 20 swappers.

5 have sent theirs in. Crump was the last one a couple days ago. I just tied up 25 more last night and that makes 35 down. I will start photgraphing the flies tonight and will begin posting them immediately. That way you can go to the gallery and start the mouth watering!

Gentelmen please let's not flake out on this. Due date is next thursday MAY 22nd. You can do it! Lock yourselves in your war rooms and get it done! Also, no need to send more than $2 for postage. This will basically help subsidize the mailing for any additional packaging supplies etc...

Remember if you send me cool extras I will match you! Thanks and let's keep on tying!

MAC:thumb

·
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep Scott. I gottem. It looks like I've only received 4 shipments. So including mine that makes 5 down. 15 to go. If you've sent yours in please post or send me an e-mail. Be sure to identify yourself in a way that I will know who's who. Some of you sent stuff but didn't indicate your online name. It's all good. I just want to make sure I have your fly's tagged to the right person when I shoot them for the gallery. :)Or if I don't know who tied something then I will simply post a pic and you can claim your fly with a title and description etc... That should be good.

Anyway, I want an updated report from everyone as to where you are at. Bob did you find those flies yet? Bhudda, have you had time to tie? What with all the fishing you and Backyard have done? Speaking of Backyard, how's the "tastes like chicken" chironomid coming along?

You know the drill guys.

MAC:professor

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Mac:

Mine are in the mail. They are in a Wrigley's chicklet box, and my name is on the envelope. By no means are these world class flies--they are just what I fish. It may be that some of the guys are intimitated by all this talk of the magnificence of everything that they are reluctant to tie and will drop out to avoid humiliation. So downplay a bit maybe. Tell them to just do their thing and let the chips fall where they may. Somebody has got to be second to last place (I already have last place nailed down).
But maybe a Chronomid King of World could be appointed based on the beauty of the flies as judged by you as swapmeisterstrumpenfhurer, or whatever your title is.
Also, if they don't get their flies in by say two or three days before the deadline, a list of these criminals will be posted. Or, in a more more positive sense, you could list all those who kept their word to participate when openings were offered. The rest, well, they'll just have to live the rest of their lives in shame.:rolleyes

·
Registered
177 Posts
15 flies left to whip out. Ill get some done tonight and the rest shortly after. Theyll be in the mail first part of next week for sure! :thumb

Tyler

"Fly-fishing is the most fun you can have standing up."

- Arnold Gingrich

·
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Steve I got yours. I was wrong I've recieved 5 shipments. So including mine that makes 6. 14 to go.

I have posted the 12 patterns for the 6 who have submitted. So as soon as the pictures are approved you will find them in the Fly pattern section of the website. Hopefully Chris will make us a folder and throw them all up in there.
Once you find your flies give us any details that you would like to share regarding tying, materials, etc....

Thanks again Gentlemen and I hope you enjoy the pictures!

Edit: As per BOB, please tie up whatever the hell you want to tie and remember that sometimes the uglier it is the more buggy it is and sometimes that translates into more fish. I've been tying Chironomids for about 6 weeks so I am still a total rookie.

MAC

·
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Chris!

OK fellas go claim your flies and give them a name. :)

Bob, I got your bugs. They are the buggiest things I have ever seen. To know that your hands have touched them... even been the creator of them... well let's just say that it's an honor. I can't wait to try them out!

MAC

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Sorry Mac, not me. I have no names for them. They are just a bunch of poorly tied chironomids. They will probably come apart in the water. Most of mine do, but only because they have been ravaged by huge trout!
As for recipes, it just some different stuff I use to create a black and white ribbed body with a little tuff of white sticking out the top. Certainly no big deal, and certainly not worthy of either name or description.
So, no.
By the way, those flies of yours in the gallery look like you stole the photos from Brian Chan or some hip magazine. I think I've seen them some place before. Not certain now, Mac, just a wee suspicion because they are just too good, Maybe touched up even. Don't know.
If I hadn't already sent my bugs in, I'd probably fold my tent because how could I trade my crap for your beauties?
Bob:dunno

·
Registered
383 Posts
Got mine about done...heading to Spectacle lake this morning for 4 days...returning wed nite. I'll either mail them in tonasket (if there is a post office, lol) on mon or get them to you thurs.

I'm tying one i've had good success on...and one new pattern that i want all to test run for me. The new pattern is designed to give "life" to the chiro, more to come :thumb

·
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hahaha Bob you are killing me. I like your flies. I can't wait to get one wet. After I catch Wilbur's brother on one I will hang it from my Mantle. I don't think they will come appart, they've got too much superglue on them. hahahaha

Don't know what to tell you about the pics in the gallery. Just practicing with my new digital. Touched up? hahahaha I just barely learned how to resize my images let alone "touch them up"! hahaha

·
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok For those of us with ADD so bad that you can't tie 20 flies all of the same pattern, feel free to tie up a variation. It doesn't really matter. As long as you get your 40 flies in we'll all be in good shape. The key point is to get them in!

·
A collector never stops collecting!
4,895 Posts
Mine will be put in the mail today. They're simple compared to the awesome ones in the gallery, but they are done! Good thing I did a Chironomid swap and not something complex... :thumb

Bill

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.