Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
jabs
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whooooaaaa Nelly!!! The BAD BOYZ have arrived. I repeat the BAD BOYZ have arrived in the mail yesterday (well at least for me). I spent just @ an hour talking to them a little bit letting them know they are in a good home and they will need to work hard @ here locating some HOGZ just like they did with their master tier. I’m letting them slowly adjust to my fly vest as we speak.:rofl

The Swapmeister Mac is a stud!!! He got the deed done and hooked us all up and we got some killer flies. Now my question is this::thumb

How to pick the best-tied fly? How about guys? What’s your favorite fly is the swap? I know you like the flies that you tie up but I have to say seeing what I now look at on my desk I may need to go tie my @#$%^ off or take some tying classes. Cuz peoples got some serious mad tying skillz.

Here’s an idea I will throw out:
What about a Chironomid Swap fish off to see what fly prevails? Which one catches the largest? Who catches the first trout and on what fly? Or maybe having to switch up flies every so often (maybe 15 minutes) with a 2 fly max? Yeah I know it’s pretty much a pipe dream but I just wanted to put it out there. Tell us what you think. FISH ON!!! :dunno
:beer2 :rofl

·
Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan
1,110 Posts
Jabs,

I will be monitoring my catches and documenting the results. However, since I have been getting skunked lately (old man passed his curse on to me), I don't know if I will be much help.

MAC:beathead

·
jabs
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mac,

Sounds like the powers of old man are at it again. :professor It's all good I thought I would throw some ideas around.

Since you have seen and touched the flies do you care to reveal your favorite fly? Best tied? They will be used, abused and duplicated to go into the HOG HEAVY box. Time to stock the box for fall.
:eek

·
Registered
113 Posts
I never check the mail, the wife always does it. Not yesterday, I headed to the mailbox after work and nothing. I quess mine will arrive today, so until then, I'll wait. MAC thanks for all the effort, you had to handle some 800 flies during this swap. NICE JOB, Steve:thumb

·
Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan
1,110 Posts
skunk repellant

heheheh yep it's all true. As for the best flies. hmmmm I really like all of them I can't choose. It all has to come down to which ones catch the most fish.

Roper, You'll get your flies. :)

MAC

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
skunk repellant

I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

Well If you picked up my bad luck and you touched all of them flies you can sure bet that none of them will work now. They will have the old man curse. :p :p }( . That is a rough one to get over but I keep trying.

Jim

·
Registered
177 Posts
Just got mine!!! :thumb :thumb :thumb These puppies are bad ass!!! Cant wait to get em all wet!

Tyler

"Fly-fishing is the most fun you can have standing up."

- Arnold Gingrich

·
A collector never stops collecting!
4,895 Posts
Nice work guys!! :thumb I just spent the last half hour going through them and they are awesome!!

Makes me want to do another swap, but not sure if my skills are up to par. Man, do you guys know how to tie!!

Bill:smokin

·
I’m a whale
4,667 Posts
schmokin'reel!!!

OK OK - THE SHIZZY- IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY. Next time i wont use my work adress as i just received mine and all i can think about is fishin'em, so if anybody got a bunk hairdo today, hmmm... oh well- I JUST GOT SOME KILLER #@#$%@ FLIES! my mind was definitely somewhere else. haha . its funny my regular mail carrier walked in and she knows me as jeff or jeffrey, and she has this envelope, and says "does anybody hear have a name BHUDDA " and i jumped up and did a 360 karate kick or something and freaked out. im glad i was a part of this swap, all the flies are dope. i have to ask who tied the midge on the big tuna hook :+ :p looks cool, must be for JT only. THANKS FELLAS and KUDOS TO THE BIG MAC'

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just got in from checkeing the mail. It was christmas in June. The goods are in!! :rofl :rofl They look great. We have some excellent tiers that hang out here. I can hardly wait to get out on the water. MAC you did a great job swapmiestering and the pictures were fantastic.

:thumb

I agree, we need to send back reports when we have success from the swap. We can reference the flies from the pictures.

Thanks again for letting in a late comer :beer2

Wazoo

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mac, I just got mine. Can't wait to use them. Some good weather comming and I will have a ball.:thumb
every one of the flys looks good. I am really ready to get them on my line. Hope to meet some of you guys in eastern Wa. I will be there this fall. If you get to Ocean Shores e-mail me and we can get together. e-mail address is [email protected] Thank you Otto.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Max,
Fabulously fantastic frigging far-out flies! Studied each and every one of them under a magnifying glass, and I must say they are better than anything I have ever seen in a store. Makes you realize the quality of the fellas you are hanging out with on this site.
And Max, remember that good things come to those who do good. I would imagine several five pound plus fish are in your future.
Thanks, ole buddy,
Babbo :beer2

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.