Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen Swappers,

I have received flies from 14 of the 20 participants. Thanks to those who were on time.

I have yet to receive from the following swappers: (now don't get your panties in a bunch, I know some of you have already shipped them)

Backyard and Roper (super slackers up in the highlands):thumb
Pontooner
GreekGeek
Soreshoulder
ww

If there seems to be a discrepancy please notify me as soon as possible.

I have yet to take photos of the last set of 14 flies I have recieved. Perhaps tonight I will get to it. I am sorry I am feeling a little under the weather this weekend.

Thanks!

MAC:thumb

·
Registered
34 Posts
My Bugs should be there...I waited till the last minute to finish tying mine up! I was so swamped with taxes and other business stuff I ended up tying them all the night before they were due...that's definitely got me caught up on my tying for a while. :p

Tight Lines,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GreekGeek
AKA Matt Williams
[email protected]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

·
Slainte
6,656 Posts
Backyard and I both brought our chiro's to the highlands, fully expecting you to show. We missed you and ******! Report to follow soon...have any of you seen J.T. ???

Roper,

Good things come to those who wade...

·
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You bastardos will now be elslappoed!

Pontooner
Soreshoulder
ww
Consider yourselves officially slapped down by the Bobby and Macky tag team. You better think twice next time before you commit to tying up 40 flies!}( }( Please gentlemen post a status report of your tying and shipping!

Thanks! :thumb Otherwise expect a midnight visit from Oleander in his ninja garb riding smolt like a raging bull. Watch out!

Greek Geek, I still haven't received your famed Chiros. Am I to assume you shipped them on Friday and they should be to my box today?

MAC:dunno

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Mac,

What's the status on the swap?? I'm assuming you did finally get my bugs...when can we expect to see them in the mail? And when will we see the rest of them in the gallery? I know you don't have anything better to do than fiddle with our bugs :p

Tight Lines,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GreekGeek
AKA Matt Williams
[email protected]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

·
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Matt,

Gottem. Sorry I should have posted. I better get those bugs pictured today.

We have a problemo: the following swappers are MIA. Pontooner, WW, Soreshoulder and Backyard says he is going to one day air them to me. But the other three are straight up MIA. Haven't seen nor heard anything from them.

So here's the deal. I can get these in the mail on Monday. Let's get a concesus and you guys can pick one of the following three options:
1. I send you your extra flies back.
2. I keep them and try to match you some of my own make to compensate. (I am planning on doing this anyway for those who have sent in extras anyway)
3. I can send out what I have and then send out the rest as they come in.

You fellas choose.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Maxs,
Though a dangerous precedent might be set, I would reopen the swap doors and let in the first three substitutes who push in quick with their forty bugs. While this is no solution, we just might get a taker or two who wants to clean out his or hers chironomid box and get some new ideas in there. How can anybody pass this up???
Babs:beathead

·
A collector never stops collecting!
4,895 Posts
Mac,

Babs idea sounds fine, but you might want to a least give the three until the end of the weekend or Monday morning to respond. Just my two cents. I can wait a while longer for some of those cool flies, since I'll probably focus on the streams in the short term. I'm actually impressed that with a group this size and forty flies each for the swap that there weren't more of us that didn't get them done.

But you as the swapmeister have the final say! :professor
Bill

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mac,

I'd say that seeing if anyone else is interested in tying sounds fine...if no takers appear option #2 sounds best to me. I'm still waiting to see all the bugs in the gallery...snap those shots!!

I'm game for whatever...as long as I get some bugs, and everybodys happy....It's all up to you Mac :thumb

Tight Lines,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GreekGeek
AKA Matt Williams
[email protected]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

·
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK,

The pics have been posted and are awaiting "approval".

I have sent e-mails to the three outstanding swappers. Come tomorrow night if I haven't heard anything we'll open it up to three more swappers.

It shouldn't be hard to find some motivated tyers especially once they check out the pics in the gallery. Mouth watering!

·
Registered
130 Posts
MAC

If you get an opening to replace a swapper, I would be interested. I have a couple of different ice cream cone patterns that have worked well at Nunnally, or possibly a zebra that has worked well at Lenore. I just wouldn't want to be a late comer and then duplicate something that someone else has already submitted.

Let me know (via PM)if there is a slot and I will sit down and tie them up so they could be in the mail by Friday. I will check the rest of the photos when they come available to see what has been submitted.

Bill Z
:beer2

·
jabs
1,138 Posts
MacRowdy,

Dude everyone has tied up some coooool flies.

I'm down with the majority. So, if we can get three other swappers I’m cool with that. If not than let’s get those bad boys shipped out and you keep em or match em whatever.

P.S. Mac Check to see if you have 20 Green Machines. I just sat down to do some tying for Grimes and found one still on my vise. Let me know and I can send or just short my load. hahaha
:eek :beathead

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mac and Crew,

Bugs are looking sweet:thumb :thumb

I think I'll go to the Greased Line and get me a new box just for my "Chiro Swap Bugs"...I'll be the envy of all my fishing buddies:D
So many bugs, so little time...

Tight Lines,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GreekGeek
AKA Matt Williams
[email protected]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.