Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

chironomid techniques

5K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  aarenlainey 
I do this style all the time. 30' of straight mono/fluoro at the most. I do fish 20' allot, so, attach a chironomid at 19' and another at 17'. Then I use the slip indicators like on my blog. The same ones Rowely is now using. And floating line of choice. I will also add weight about 6" up from bottom fly to get it down fast and past the dinks. I have caught two on many occasions.

http://utahflygoddess.blogspot.com/

That is interesting. I can see it for the LEAD factor if that is indeed what it is about, and like mentioned, I haven't used lead for years, but rather Tungsten or lead sub.
A tungsten bead would work just fine in my opinion, but BUZZERS are awesome and there is no bead on them.
Is there a ruling on lead ON the fly?

Most waters I fish do not have any restriction on weight, but single and barbless. Utah is two fly/lure limit and Idaho up to five.
I forget that and always use two max.
I watched a vid by Oliver Edwards...man, who needs lead, just build wire nymphs.
I have never done weight for the fling power...in fact I prefer the opposite...LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.