Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always wanted to get up there, pending retirement does have advantages. Question: I know it's fly fishing only, but are Electric Motors illegal to use? I've been reading all that's available online to try to not look like a rookie....even though often times I still do. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

·
Registered
223 Posts
D
Always wanted to get up there, pending retirement does have advantages. Question: I know it's fly fishing only, but are Electric Motors illegal to use? I've been reading all that's available online to try to not look like a rookie....even though often times I still do. Any suggestions would be most welcome.
Don't go during memorial weekend it's a city then, I'm going to go sometime in may before memorial day.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I've been reading all that's available online to try to not look like a rookie....even though often times I still do. Any suggestions would be most welcome.
Generally the special rules sections in the fishing regulations pamphlet is your friend when it comes to question of what's allowed and what's not.

Enjoy your fishing up there. Wish I could make it up there this year, but, not in the plans.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for the good advice. I had read somewhere that electrics were now allowed. I never go out of town on any holiday, actually have no plans to fish on weekends ever again....unless it's the only way to hook up with new & old friends!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thanks all for the good advice. I had read somewhere that electrics were now allowed. I never go out of town on any holiday, actually have no plans to fish on weekends ever again....unless it's the only way to hook up with new & old friends!
When you figure out when you are going to go, if you want company let me know what days, at this point I don't have any set time. I usually try to go once in the spring and once in the fall.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Is the lower road private? Looks like there's a house on that road if you google earth it. Shady spots above the lake coming back down might still be to deep. Lake might even be frozen for all I know.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Talked to the DNR yesterday and it is doubtful the road will be passable by the opener on the 22nd. Still almost 3ft of snow on a lot of the road above the grade. Also said the lake was only about half iced out.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.