Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Oncorhynchus clarki clarki
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today while I was chumming I hooked on a nice sized one, brought him to hand and was realed. The funny thing is, it was a rod I build out of a St. Croix SCIV blank, well the rod basicly exploded in the tip section. Makes me pretty mad, I am trying to get a hold of St. Croix, hoping the get a new blank. Has anyone ever had problems with sending back broken rods to St. Croix. Well thanks for your time.

Jordan (Sad one missing a 8WT now)

· Oncorhynchus clarki clarki
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well thanks, I am hoping I will get one no questions asked. This was actually only my thrid time using it. I took it to the Snoq. to basicly see how it felt, didn't catch anything. Then took it chumming on weds. and caught two, it was a really slow day. Then today, I hooked up on two, both got away really early, then the third I hooked up on was the one that exploded the rod. He was a nice size fish, he was released with out any harm, well to him at least, my rod was harmed pretty bad. I just can't believe it did that, I would understand if it was old, but third fish on ever. I wasn't even muscling him in or anything, oh well I guess. But thanks for the input.

Sly

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.