Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[/URL] [/IMG]

The boy wanted to do some end of summer camping and I insisted we add bladder boats. His spot and mine were 10 miles apart so we compromised. We went to mine. This was my first trip in probably at least 30 years. The number of SeaTac people who camp this area is outrageous. This lake has some great kayak and and canoe water--if it doesn't blow hard. The view is pretty nice too.

I saw the stocking report had 5000 catchable trout planted this spring. But as in everything else, catchable must mean the smallest that gets itself on a hook. So Monday I watched the water. Between chop and crashing surf, a few gentle moments freed the mayflies. A few parr splish-patted mid-day until early evening. The boats stayed in the car, deflated. Son read his Kindle and I got the library book camp fire smokey.

Today, a couple belly button flippers flailed the water and weeds pretty thoroughly for casting practice.

Oh! Forgot. This is a Forest Service camp and the facilities are pretty peachy-keen. At Thousand Trails rip-off rates of $14, they better be clean! Unless you have olfactory neuroblastoma, wear a clothespin. These concrete pill boxes are not the same as Leech Lake. There is only one vent, and you sit on it.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
It is generally considered among those who pad the trails that the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) operates the"best"outhouses. I don't know if there has ever been a survey, but I agree with the BLM ranking

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is generally considered among those who pad the trails that the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) operates the"best"outhouses. I don't know if there has ever been a survey, but I agree with the BLM ranking
I need to get to one of those. Maybe, do a special survey, or report.

·
Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working
1,860 Posts
BLM toilets are better because they use technology developed by the Forest Service.....AND there are fewer trees on BLM lands.

Anyway.....the scoop on toilets. All you really wanted to know about Sweet Smelling Toilets.

http://usbackroads.blogspot.com/2012/05/sst-sweet-smelling-toilet.html

BTW I worked for both agencies. I do like the BLM, but they really do not have the engineering and research arm that the Forest Service has had in the past.

G

·
BLM toilets are better because they use technology developed by the Forest Service.....AND there are fewer trees on BLM lands.

Anyway.....the scoop on toilets. All you really wanted to know about Sweet Smelling Toilets.

http://usbackroads.blogspot.com/2012/05/sst-sweet-smelling-toilet.html

BTW I worked for both agencies. I do like the BLM, but they really do not have the engineering and research arm that the Forest Service has had in the past.
Thank you for your service ,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.