Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking hard about getting a new Clackacraft this year, I had a 16 LP for three years and loved it, I thinking about going to a Clackacraft 15 LP, I have rowed one in the past and I thought it was easier to row and more maneuverable than my 16LP,
I have some concern that the 15 LP is a little tippy when all three occupants lean to one side at the same time.
Anyone who has had experience with both boats care to chime in?

Thanks in advance.

Bill Dodd.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I do not own the lp but do have a 16fb and love it. I would call Bruce at Clackacraft in Clackamas and ask for an opinion. I know them to be honest and very helpful. Good luck and enjoy your new boat.

·
Capt Kirk
764 Posts
I have spent quite a bit of time in a Hyde 15 lp on the Yak and in Montana. If I was only a trout guy I would pick the 15lp clack or the Headhunter. That said-I have the FB also, I think it is safer for steelhead on the OP.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.