Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I hooked and landed a clam with a clouser minnow. I must have hooked it's neck and then it pulled the hook into it's shell. It was a first so I can now cross off clam on my "bucket list" of sea critters caught;)!

Wood Shell Snail Natural material Seafood

The sea-run cutthroat fishing was okay but nothing to get excited about. The fly of choice was a top water squid pattern. There was a big ebb tide(13 to - 1.5 ft.) which IMHO scatters the sea-run cutthroat and it is often difficult to find locations with optimum tidal current. This time of year there are a lot of big ebb tides during daylight hours so you have to just deal with the "hand which you are dealt".

Water Liquid Fluid Lake Watercourse

I saw a couple of sea-run cutthroat chasing sand lance(approx. 2 to 2 1/2 inches) so that "game" is about to start using top water sand lance patterns from now until early Fall when the sand lance will be about 4 inches.

Roger

·
Donny, you're out of your element...
4,500 Posts
The excursion went exactly as clammed.

I can't think of many clam puns, it's like the pun center has been emullosculated, but that clouser photo is a great clamour shot! Soon though Roger will stop fishing South Sound when the water temps hit 63 degrees on account of clamite change stressing mussel action potentials.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.