Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to Clarkston this weekend for the kid's baseball state tournament--wanted to maybe hit the Golf Course Pond when we have time between games. Never been there--any pointers? Do we need to take our floaties, or is there easy bank access?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I live barely a mile away from this pond. No floating devices are allowed so most fish from the bank. Being skilled at the "steeple cast" is helpful-not much backroom.
Some late spring evenings there is an occasional hatch of Callibaetis which made for fast fishing on dry/damp flies. A small twitch of the fly sometimes seems helpful in getting a strike. This is floating line fishing.
Overall best results for myself have come from fishing a 10' sink tip with an #16 to @18 dark Hare's Ear or Pheasant tail nymph in same size. I don't know how well it produces in late season. I caught a strong 17" plus broodstock specimen of which they are said to plant quite a few for small size of pond.
I use a 9' Sage VT2 rod, SA Lightweight reel and spare spools equipped with the WF Floater and 10' sink tip lines at this pond.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.