Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Anywhere ~ Anytime
1,613 Posts
Does any one make a fly reel that has the outgoing noise like a click and pawl reel but the reel has a disk drag?
Yes, Yamaha is now building centrifugal clutched belt drive V-Twins ;)

Do you retrieve LH or RH? There are contemporary 'classic' dragger reels out there ..I would say they lean to RHR though.

·
Love da little fishies
1,678 Posts
i like them to sing especially on no powe boat, special regs lakes where all the fishermen and women can hear my english built 90 s sage click pawl sing "daddy's got a big in on right now":

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
I absolutely despise loud reels. I'll never understand the appeal.
Its the " everyone look at me" guy that doesnt realize he just snagged bottom and set his hook into a large log.

The tranquility of a peaceful day on the water....no loudmouths cussing up a storm or a skier with his stereo blaring...just a guy wanting everyone to know he hooked into a fish.

·
Anywhere ~ Anytime
1,613 Posts
I absolutely despise loud reels. I'll never understand the appeal.
Used to feel the same way Nick. Was raised in the woods and not making a sound, let alone 'deliberate' noise' which was viewed as sacrilegious.. Fish several Loop / Dani Traditionals for that reason.. the true 'poachers reel'..not a peep. With a hot fish they make a wild varied hiiisssszz and sling water off wet line.

Born with innate nostalgic vein and being an avid fly fishing nut job I think it was inevitable to develop interest in classic reels. Grew up on drag strips, Dad had a high performance / speed shop. I look at clicker reels in the same light as old muscle cars.. never mind hearing the power build as they accelerate.

That said I'll still often release a spool just enough to disengage from the gear ..then strip line in peace and quiet.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.