Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cleaning out my closet and found the following. I used to build custom rods and found some interesting relics. To be clear, these are not Loomis *factory* rods.

8'0" 4wt 3pc Loomis IMX.
This blank was bought in 2005 from a former outwrapper for Loomis, labeled as a 804-3IMX with a tag. However, there is/was no marking on the blank. I finally got around to building it up in late 2012 and it hasn't even seen water yet. I would place the blank as a late 1990's vintage. Wiggle test says it would like a WF4F or DT3F. Sweet moderate action and quick recovery on this one. Slide band seat over maple, custom cork, black frame blue insert stripper, black single foot snakes, a sweetheart of a trout rod! NOW ONLY $150 shipped SOLD

9'0" 8/9 wt 3pc Loomis prototype (?) 60 mil mod graphite.
As with above, I bought this as part of a lot. It was labeled only "909-3 60 mil. prot." Built up with blue zirconia insert single-foot ceramic guides, and a mod-fast action that develops a ton of line speed. Basic cosmetics otherwise as this was made to fish, doesn't even have ferrule plugs (ha!). I've only fished it a few times, as my saltwater fishing is with larger rods, and I don't use a 9wt much in freshwater. Chucks a longbelly 8wt line or standard WF9F a country mile. Also a nice match for integrated heads in the 225gr range. Extremely lightweight, responsive blank. Due to the the lack of pedigree, SOLD $120 shipped SOLD.

Pickup in Eugene, OR is also a possibility. I'll take some pictures over the weekend.
Return (unfished) within 7 days for a full refund if they're not to your liking; but I'm pretty sure you'll think either is a hell of a deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.