Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can purchase these? I love the ball and the solid metal connector. I can not find them on-line. Lots of similar ones, but I want the exact CND style for my new rod. If your gonna build it, it might as well be what you want.

Go Sox,
cds

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Charles,

I got an extra CND butt section from a broken rod in the garage. I don't think you can salvage the cork, but you're welcome to the rubber and aluminum butt cap.

I'm not keen on Spey rod front grip sections already built up. It's harder than hell, if not impossible to ream them out to the correct ID end to end for a decent fit. I prefer cork rings glued on the blank and then turned to finish. If you have an electric drill and some pieces of scrap lumber, you have the necessary materials.

What blank are you rolling up?

Sg

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beulah 8124. It's a straight up Skagit rod. I'd love to try and use that cnd grip. It helps me remember to use that lower hand.

Go sox,
Cds

·
Josh
638 Posts
Hey Charles, I have seen a ton of those style of grips up in BC on the Centerpin rods. I'm pretty sure most of the shops just across the border carry rod building stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.