Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Patrick
1,792 Posts
When the wind comes up on this lake there is not any shelter unless the wind is coming in from the North West corner. You can fish the area just out from the boat launch with some winds but without trees and the fact the the mud slide evened out the area quite a bit and formed the lake at the same time, there is not much to block the wind. Last year I hooked into a 16" fish and by the time I got it in I was half way across the lake. It made for a long row back. I do not know if there is a site showing the winds in that area and would love to hear of one myself. With this lake its good to have a back up plan just in case. From Seattle plan on about 2.5 hours to get there but since you did not post where you were coming from it hard to say how long to get there. A Washington state forest pass is required to fish this lake which I think cost $40 for the year. I myself may hit the lake on way back from the South side of the mountain this weekend and will post a report if I do stop there. I would recomend some type of sinking line be used. There is not alot of top water action.

· Patrick
1,792 Posts
I am talking 2 rookies out Thursday the 4th till Sunday the 7th on lake Merrill and would love to get some recent reports on the lake if anyone out there has any. One of them will be picking up a fly rod for the first time so it should be intresting. They will be the two out there in a alum boat with a red kayak I am in close by them. I was down there for memerorial day and did ok but not great. Has the hex hatch started yet? Has anyone caught fish durring mid day or only in the evening. Is the road open to lale Mcbride yet for a change of pace? Last has the lake gotten a care taker yet to keep the trouble makers in line or will I have to tell people myself not to use fireworks in the woods or lake to protect this place for others to enjoy. Thank in advance for any information I can get today before I leave early Thursday morning down there. :DUNNO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.