Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to a basin lake that fished well last spring according to friends.

57 degrees water temperature. No bugs on the lake. No fish seen or hooked. It looked like the entire lake was just dead....not dead as in fishing and not catching....but dead.

I don't know where the 4000 fish shown on the stocking report last spring went?

I am pleased that my streak of fishing winter killed lake last spring has apparently carried over into summer killed lakes in the fall.

On the way home...I stopped at a warm water pond. There were fish rising. Not sure if they were carp or something else. I might try that in a couple of days!!!

·
Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The guy I fished with said it was "spooky".

The interesting part was the lack of any insect activity. Plus you could see into the water column pretty well...nothing swimming around. It definitely was pretty weird.

When I got into the lake and saw the water temperature at 57 I felt pretty good. Something should have been happening!!

I think I am going to fish your secret lake sometime in November. 2017 has definitely been one for the record books...personal worst.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I appreciate the candid report. I have been trying to decide whether to fish the Columbia basin or head up into BC and fish the Kamloops area next week. Your report has leaned me North.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.