Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well actually the two areas are over 70 miles apart but cannot divulge the mushroom area. Would rather give up my secret pirate treasure map than a mushroom hot spot!!

·
previously micro brew
4,663 Posts
I was expecting to see a last picture of dem quails in a nice chantrelle sauce.

Am I mistaken on Boletus, but don't some people have a reaction and other people not have a reaction? Sure wish I know shrooms better, about all I trust myself with are morels and chantrelles - but that is some good eating?

Oh yeah, nice looking dog too.

MB

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
Nicely done, rib! I trust myself to gather Morels & Chantrelles, but no others. You have the makings of a fine meal there. How was Wyoming?

·
Switch Rod Samurai
2,956 Posts
boletus can be a bit trickier to ID. Some people hae weird reactions to a variety of 'shrooms. Shaggy manes, chicken of the woods, and morels have all illicited reactions to people I know

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Nice! A coworker of mine hits some wild mushroom society gathering every Monday evening by UW...everyone is welcome and they will identify and classify a find. Gave him some big white shrooms that have been popping up in the yard...was curious since I have a one year old that will put anything in his mouth...turned out to be very toxic. Time to get the Ortho out!

Curious how is the chukar numbers this year I have not heard much chatter about the devil bird?

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
I have been finding lotsa shaggy manes. I've never had a reaction, though know some who have. It's suggested not to mix alcohol with shaggys

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I always bring a friend who is very experienced in ID of shrooms.

I did some research and froze the chantrelles and boletus. Saute in some butter or oil for 10-15 to release moisture, place on cookie sheets, allow to cool and place in freezer bags. Worked out well

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nicely done, rib! I trust myself to gather Morels & Chantrelles, but no others. You have the makings of a fine meal there. How was Wyoming?
Shot a decent buck and purchased extra doe tags for the ranch I was hunting. Spent last weekend making sausage and jerky from all of the meat

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
Nice 'Loper! 15 1/2" - 16"? Used to love hunting those things. Finally bagging one with the longbow was a passionate (and lucky) three-season quest years ago.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.