Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Administrator
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Security/permissions have changed a lot. Looks like once you post something, it is permanent. This applies to posts on threads as messages/conversations as well. Nice software upgrade by taking two steps back. Yea baby!
How To Delete A Conversation (Private Message)

There is no limit to the number of conversations. You can keep them indefinitely. If you choose to have one no longer display to you within your conversations, you can simply click near the upper right of the message to leave the conversation

Once you leave a conversation, it cannot be restored unless you are invited back to it.

For leaving conversations in bulk (full page) you can do the following.

Open your conversation box. Add a checkmark next to the conversation title.

That will open a drop menu near the bottom. Add a checkmark to "Select All".

Although you can add checkmarks next to each conversation, once you select any, a drop menu near the bottom will appear. If you want to leave conversation in bulk (such as a full page) Add a checkmark to "Select All".

Click the drop-down menu next to “Choose action” select “Leave conversations”. Click GO.

- Cricket

·
Registered
376 Posts
change is the way of life.....some like it and some don't..........I was told by my grand father many years ago....change must have a best interest purpose for all involved for an increase in the sense of community life.

·
Administrator
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Nice confusing job. I have no log in screen & can't log in under my old screen name. Requested help and haven't received any yet. Dang this is enjoyable . . .
Did you send your request through our contact us form?

If you don't receive a response by tomorrow, please message me, privately.

- Cricket

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
New Showcase is not working as I understand how it should work. Posts since my last access or use of the platform are not showing up in New Showcase but are showing up in New Posts.

Filter for New Showcase is for Unviewed Posts. Filter for Latest Post is Unread Posts. I could see these as different. New Showcase - New posts entered as I was looking at something else. Latest Posts - New posts as something previously entered and I have not read.

Can someone help me out here?

·
Administrator
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
New Showcase is not working as I understand how it should work. Posts since my last access or use of the platform are not showing up in New Showcase but are showing up in New Posts.

Filter for New Showcase is for Unviewed Posts. Filter for Latest Post is Unread Posts. I could see these as different. New Showcase - New posts entered as I was looking at something else. Latest Posts - New posts as something previously entered and I have not read.

Can someone help me out here?

I may be confused regarding what you are asking, as you have not created a Showcase yet. Can you explain more?

How to Create a Showcase?

From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click the 3 vertical dots to open the drop-down menu and select “Showcase”.

From the Showcase page, click on “Add item” in the right-hand corner.

A popup will appear at the top. Click on “showcase”.

A form will open for you to fill in the blanks, such as title, tags, general information, etc.

Scroll down to “General Information” to content and images, in the same way that you would for writing a post. The first image added will be the cover photo.

Add any additional item details, and “Save”.

If you want to make any changes, including choosing a different cover photo from the images you added, you can do so by editing your showcase.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Navigating The Site

Near the upper right-hand corner of the community, you will see navigation icons.

The first icon is for what’s new on the site.

Clicking on it, by default, will take you to new unread posts. On that page, you can click on additional tabs as well, such as Popular, if you prefer to view active topics.

Clicking the list icon next to “NEW” will bring you to the full forum listing.

You can also navigate by clicking the 3 vertical dots.

Clicking on your avatar will give you a drop-down menu for all things related to your account.

- Cricket

·
A collector never stops collecting!
4,895 Posts
Need a New Posts and Forums link on all pages.. basically a toolbar. It looks slick, and you get your ads in, but I value function over form. Less clicks mean that I get to the content I want to see faster.. I was a front end web dev for over 20 years, mostly as a consulant. Would be UX in today's world.

Thanks!
FlyBill

·
Administrator
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Need a New Posts and Forums link on all pages.. basically a toolbar. It looks slick, and you get your ads in, but I value function over form.
Navigating The Site

Near the upper right-hand corner of the community, you will see navigation icons.

The first icon is for what’s new on the site.

Clicking on it, by default, will take you to new unread posts. On that page, you can click on additional tabs as well, such as Popular, if you prefer to view active topics.

Clicking the list icon next to “NEW” will bring you to the full forum listing.

You can also navigate by clicking the 3 vertical dots.

Clicking on your avatar will give you a drop-down menu for all things related to your account.

- Cricket

21 - 40 of 52 Posts