Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Make my day
4,820 Posts
Usually my wife is the one telling me to go fish. At least that's what I hear.;)

Honestly, I don't find it to be a problem. We spend so much time together I think she's glad for the break. Although getting a couple of weeks still takes a little conjoling.

I was recently invited on a fishing trip to South America. I explained that it was a fishing trip and she couldn't tag along. Well, let's just say I have to do something extra special for her this next year to make up for it. Probably a "non-fishing trip" is in my future.

·
previously micro brew
4,663 Posts
You should not have to convince them, it is what I do.

With a young family - sports / activities always took priority.

Those days are gone. I take many multi day trips all over WA. Fish the salt when I can. I aked, by her, if I be fishing this weekend - answer, yes!

I married a gem and she never has held me back from my passion. Perhaps she likes her alone time, or doesn't like me that much. No matter, I be fishing...

We will have our 40th anniversary next month and I have always been amazed she said yes so many years ago, thank goodness.

Sorry to get carried away and, perhaps, off subject.

MB

·
livin' the dream
1,672 Posts
Just like Bandy, my girl informs me it's time to go. She'd rather have me unwind near some water than other options, which are far less desirable.

We trade off time to unwind solo. We are together quite a bit and it works for us. Ask, at worst she will say no...most likely you'll get the kitchen pass.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Usually my wife is the one telling me to go fish. At least that's what I hear.;)

Honestly, I don't find it to be a problem. We spend so much time together I think she's glad for the break. Although getting a couple of weeks still takes a little conjoling.

<snip> Well, let's just say I have to do something extra special for her this next year to make up for it. <snip>
I agree... My wife starts asking me in January when I am going fishing. Being that I am a trout guy... it is usually March or later... Not fast enough for her. I have found that once the yearly 'Honey Do List' is complete, I can go for as long as I want (and do...).

She has bought me 8 weeks of tying lessons at local shop. Also bought me a couple of float trips on the Yakima. Is there a hint there? ONLY married guys know LOL...

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
Actually, we did do a lot of family fishing back in the day. The Kids even had their own float tubes & PFDs when they were a bit older. We would tow them to where we would fish. John made a lot of trips on my back much like young Liam. Now that John is big enough to feed hay & ride, maybe he'll be paying me back in a few more years . . .

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
Very little issues with my fishing schedule in 31 years of marriage. What she hated most was back when I was a steelhead/salmon gear fisherman; getting up at 2:00am to meet the crew. One of my fishing buddies was, let's just say, over the top when it came to being the early birds. He was also notorious for wanting to change up plans just hours before getting to bed. At one point she and my other friends wife suggested we all stay at Rob's house the night before fishing.

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
My wife used to say "you still here, go do something". Now she says"just go do something". I could fish every day of the year but it just costs so much for gas. I could fish close to home as the Beaverhead is 5 minutes from my back door. But staying close to home is a no-no. In fishing you have to get out and away from home. Like out of cell phone range.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.