Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out, Kirk Werner, our own "Itchy Dog", author of the children's book "Olive the Woolly Bugger" is having a book signing this Saturday the 19th from 12:00-2:30 at Peninsula Outfitters in Poulsbo. If you have any little ones, it would be a great way to get them interested in our favorite sport and reading. Bonus all around.

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
My kids love those books. They know more flies by name than I and don't mind showing off how much smarter they than their old man. I will do my best to bring them by to meet Itchy Dog himself.

·
No longer here
4,034 Posts
Thanks to Saltman for having me over today- had a great time meeting a few others and putting faces with names (most avatars are a bit misleading). Merry Christmas!
Mumbles, you have the cutest girls ever. Smart too. You're in for a lot of trouble in about 10 years.

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
Kirk, great meeting you. The girls really seemed to enjoy themselves. You really have a way with the little people. You are right, trouble looming in my future. I should stop buying fly rods and buy lots of guns and ammo for all those drooly boys that will try to come calling. Glad you could make it over to this side for your book signing event. Hope to see you again on your way to some fishing adventures. Let us know when you'll be passing through.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I made it there sans daughter on my way to work. Thanks to Kirk I found out I am the proud owner of rare first editions of the first 2 books. I purchased my 3d olive story and got them all signed. I even promised not to hawk them on e-bay :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Picked up the first book at Orvis a little while back. My 3 year old son is obsessed with it, reading it has become a nightly ritual. Great job Kirk, we'll be getting the other two as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.