Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bought the WF 5wt line for my 9ft 5wt rod several weeks ago, and I really like it. I don't have much to compare it too, all I've had for single handed rods are Cortland lines, but I like it better than the previous 444. It casts and floats well. I like the drab color, it is available in a clear floater, but I didn't go that way. Maybe next time. Steve

·
Ignored Member
12,139 Posts
I got one for a 6 wt. It works well, floats high which is the main thing I noticed. As for how well it casts, I am not a good enough caster to tell if it is better than the 444.

·
Registered
114 Posts
That's kind of funny, I just got some 555 clear floating 5wt for a trip next week to Lee's Ferry in AZ. Its a little price'e at $60 through Cabela's. The fish there line spook easily though, so figured I give it a try. Will post my results when I return.
Jim J.

·
Just an Old Man
35,203 Posts
I might be old---but I'm good.

I bought it about a week ago 5wtf. Tried it today on some real skinny water. I really didn't get a chance to test it out as I was on a very small stream with no room for any backcast. but it rolled out fine on a roll cast. I'll have to hold my opinion on it until I can get out and really fling it.

Was going to try the N/Fork Stilly but Boy is it ever high and muddy. I don't think that I have ever seen it this high at this time of the year.

No,did not catch anything or get any hits. It is sure funny but I usually catch small fish where I went today. Nada Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.