Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sculpin Enterprises
3,461 Posts
Float from the Salmon Hatchery to Blue Creek the first day (about 6 miles). Camp at Blue Creek - not very picturesque, but serviceable. Float from Blue Creek to Mission Bar the second day (about 6 miles).

Steve

·
Sculpin Enterprises
3,461 Posts
The length of the former rearing ponds, the distance of several football fields at least, is open for camping (no fires, supposedly...). On a weekend, you might find some rowdy patches (maybe lots of rowdy patches), but there are bathrooms (of dubious cleanliness) there.

·
still an authority on nothing
2,194 Posts
Cabezon is right, a place to stick a tent and park, but aesthetics...not so much.

BTW, lock your shit up, and take the stuff out of your boat if you leave it tied off to shore overnight or you may get a nasty surprise/excuse to buy new gear.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'm heading down to the Cowlitz this weekend and would rather do one float than do the same float twice. Anyone know of a good float and camping spot for an overnight trip? Any help would be appreciated.

Worst case I'll be out of sight in someone's backyard.
Floated the Cow from Barrier dam to Blue Creek last weekend, took about 7 hours, including several stops to swing flies. You can camp at Blue Creek and if you're lucky, you'll find a camping spot close to the river where you can keep an eye on your boat. Do it and let me know how it goes, I had this exact thought last weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.