Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Another Flyfisherman
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been to, fished, or heard anything recent on the Cowlitz. Its a producer of large numbers. Reports say that its not blown out.....does anyone have any first hand?? I may hit it tomorrow if it deems good prospects. Anyone interested??

J:dunno

·
Mother Nature's Son
1,347 Posts
Fishing has been sporadic. The river is in shape however. I fished it yesterday. The dam keeps most of the silt from being a problem, below I-5 it is muddy however. Expect large numbers of folks at Blue Creek. Advice is not to go there, or plan on doing some hiking to get away from the crowds if you don't have access to a boat. Try the Mission Boat ramp. Good water there, less traffic. If you have a boat, go downstream. If you have to hike, up or down is good but there is plenty of good water around the Mission ramp.

Skinny

·
Another Flyfisherman
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey that helps - thanks. I was planning on blue creek, but I am always one to beat the crowds - no problem hiking at all. If anyone else is interested in going - maybe we can meet up
J

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.