Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Slainte
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MMMM, also known as my main man MacRowdy has planted the seed and I am planting the seedling.

Who's in for a trip to the Ford? Bring your snowshoes and down sleeping bags. Don't forget the Nalley's chili and corned beef hash. If we don't catch fish, we can at least stay warm in our waders, right?
Seriously, (why does that sound so funny to me?) we will probably head over on a Friday night, rough it, and fish Saturday till we puke.
I'd have to wait until after the 28th (Vegas/Phoenix trip), but most weekends I'm ready to go.
I'll nail a gold piece to the F150 for the first man to put steel to the great white monster...oops, wrong target.

WHO'S IN...?

Roper,

Vincit Omina Veritas

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'll tell you what rugged is, AND give you some advice.

Rugged is going to one of Sparses secret spots and having to carry YT's pontoon boat up and down hills through sage brush, two canals, and on the side of a rock cliff.

Rugged is deciding to sleep on the gravel next to my truck...which leads to my advice.......

If you go somewhere with YT, DO NOT SLEEP ANYWHERE NEAR HIM. After about 3 hours and a pair of ear plugs....I decided that sleeping on the gravel and in the wind was better than listening to him snore!

- DW ;)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Ruffin' it, huh? Y'all are soft. Soft like sh_t on a hot summer night! I ought to step up and harden your softened souls for you at Rocky Ford this weekend, but I have other plans.

So the bar will need to be raised in order for you to survive the frigid 43 degree days of Eastern Washington this week:

1) Mark must fish 'till dark. At dark, Mark will head to the upper parking lot bridge and take his giant bunny leeches and finally put those choosy bridge fish into perspective with only occasional aid of a headlamp. The adrenaline should keep him warm through night temperatures of almost 38 degrees!

2) ****** must stay true to form and "thug-out" Rocky Ford. He will need to play "Dope Man" in the parking lot and wear his head bandana "Vato-style." It's such comoflage that allows ****** to walk right up to rainbows using no stalking techniques at all and "noodle" difficult fish with ease. The only way that he will make such "frigid" nights is if he puts gold caps on his teeth "slugged-out", like Flava-Flav or Lil' Wheezy.

3) DW needs the most work by far. He is a Seattle-lite, and therefore no amount of ruffness that can be added to his character to balance out his soft Seattle-lite tendencies. Sorry, DW. You will be dead by morning if you don't bring a thermos of Grande latte macchiato to nurse you through the piercing coldness.

I cannot speak for the rest of your motley crue. I wish them the best.

Sparse

Streams are made for the wise man to contemplate and fools to pass by.
(Sir Izaak Walton)

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
What do I know---I'm just an old man

I'd come but all you dick heads would keep bugging me about my store bought teeth. And they don't come out for anything any more. So don't even bother to ask. Now to the Roughing it part. My idea of roughing it is a cheap motel. I like hot showers,soft beds, and staying warm. So I guess that I don't fit in with team roughness. I don't sleep out side,even in a tent,on the ground,or a cot or air mattress.I like the warmth of being inside. These old bones like it warm. I'd like to come but I ain't going to drive that way in the winter. If you was to hold it later in the year I would be more that happy to be there.

Jim

·
Registered
128 Posts
Old Man -

You're in luck....Sparse told me there's a hotel in Ephrata with coin operated beds! I'm so excited you'll be joining us! I'll bring a lawn chair so you won't have to lay on the banks!

- DW

·
Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan
1,110 Posts
OK Sparsy McSparserson, All sparse needs to make it through the cold nights at the ford is a rack of Kokanee, a few of Chris' bud lites, some of my roast beef, a few eggs over easy, 3 shots of ******'s "hard stuff" and 2 of ******'s Mike's Hard Lemonades.

I would be glad to introduce you fellas to the MacRowdy school of headlamp wearin, black leech chuckin, nipple hardening, Red Plaid pants wearin rocky ford fishin, midnight snow trompin ruggedness.

Now for you Old Man: "My idea of roughing it is a cheap motel....warm bed....etc... etc..." ya yah yah blah blah blah. Buck up Old Man and show us how rugged you really are. We know you are the original bank sleepin, snow snoring, Igloo living, frozen line casting kingpin from the days of old.

Don't worry Jim, there is a best western in Ephreta. Just tell them that you are there on business and they will give you a discount. That's what I do.

MacRowdy :THUMBSUP

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
What do I know---I'm just an old man

What your problem is that you work such a crappy shift. Any normal person would work day shift so you have all night to howl.But knowing you, you fit right into the life style.

Jim

·
Slainte
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh my God...

what in the name of (bleep) have I gotten my self into? No, really, this sounds like it's gonna be a blast. Better get my Cabelas thermals out and get tying some bunny leeches, FAST!
The Mrs has given me the official kitchen pass, so I'm in.

My teeth don't come out, but I do have some good looking caps, does that count?

Roper,

Vincit Omina Veritas

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.