Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
resident lurker
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a thing? Or is it price prohibitive?

I have the Fishpond Nomad and love it, except it's about twice as big as I need it to be. Most of my favorite waters rarely have fish over 12" (or at least I can't catch 'em). It's a bit too heavy for the net retractor too, but if it was about the size of Brodin's "Brook Trout" series (7"X11" opening, 18"ish overall) it would be perfect.

I see Brodin's CF net is slightly smaller than the Nomad, but I haven't found any others online. Am I missing some options out there? Anyone ever made one out of a racquetball racquet or something creative?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Honestly, I'm for the bigger is better category in regards to nets. You can fit small fish in a large net, can't fit large fish in a small net. Also if you are exploring new water, you are set and don't need to worry about what net to bring based on fish size.

·
resident lurker
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for everyone's input, it's nice to see what other people have come up with. Mike, that turned out nice! That's pretty much what I was thinking, just smaller, like you said. I'll cobble something together just for fun and post pics if it turns out.

It's a trivial problem for sure, but this is what some of us do for fun in the "off-season" I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.