Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished some new (to me) water off N Seattle yesterday to no avail. Conditions and timing were not ideal, so it was more of an exploratory trip I suppose. Fished for a few hours in the sunny, windy afternoon at the beginning of an incoming tide.

Part of the problem I suspect was that the tide was so low that many of the rocky areas and oyster beds were exposed, leaving mostly sandy bottom to fish. Still learning, but anyhow, it was nice to get out in the sun, check out a new spot and get some casting practice :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks SF and Pat Lat. I appreciate the encouragement.

I know how to pay my dues :) ...done it plenty in a variety of fisheries. Just hard to get enough time to fish to get into the catching part when starting on a new fishery. I did get into some coho last summer though and that was great...SUCH a bummer about this year.

On the positive side, I saw two juvenile bald eagles up close as they rested on the beach.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.