Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Free Man
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to generous contributions from forum members, clubs, shops and individuals, we've raised enough money to print 1000 copies of the Coastal Cutthroat Conservation Sign. The next step is to get them posted. I have a roster of volunteers who have stepped up to do the work, so we need to allocate copies to each area.

It's going to take the printing company 3-4 weeks to produce the run of posters. I'll need to know how many copies each area will need, so once you've tallied how may access points that require posting, add 10% to that number. You'll find areas you haven't thought of, and will need replacements for signs that are vandalized and torn down.

We probably can't post every trail that leads to the beach, but parks, boat ramps, and any areas with significant traffic are the first priority. You know your areas best, so add up how many signs you'll be able to post, stock up on staples for the gun, and either post your needs here or pm me.

I will be contacting all of you who have already volunteered, this message is just reminder that we'll be in business in about a month.
Don

·
Free Man
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They are made of a tough plastic material. We recently removed one that's out of date from Belfair that was probably 7 years old. Printed by the Rite in the Rain company, under the right conditions they can last as long as the staples.

·
"Chasing Riseforms"
4,977 Posts
This is awesome. I haven't been following as closely as I should. Are they paper, or some type of plastic? For all of the money and time, it would seem attaching them with staples wouldn't last very long. Screws?
I don't know what you call them, but I have some "shingle-like" nails that have a large plastic grommet mounted thru the nail. Work great. It's like a big plastic washer on the head of the nail. Holds down better than staples. I've had them for a long time, so I imagine you could find them somewhere like Home Depot, lumberyards, etc.

·
Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!
5,673 Posts
Galvanized nails with larger diameter heads- those roofers are fine as shown- or stainelss steel with large diemeter heads, and they make stainless steel staples in larger sizes too. Those big head nails are perfect though they might not be good for cork or fiber based bulletin boards.

·
Registered
728 Posts
those aee simplex nails for nailing down felt paper. The plastic head will fall off shortly and you'll have tiny head holding it on.They have ones with metal washers but there real easy to pull out. regular galvanized roofing nails would probly work best I think.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.