Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Josh S
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved back to Bremerton and picked up a new cutty stick. Anyone going out tomorrow want to take me under their wing? I've been out of the loop for a while. Willing to travel some too.

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Welcome back. I'm doing some family fun tomorrow but would gladly connect with you at a later date. I don't have much to show you but I'm usually good for a bit of comedy, as you likely remember.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
I know nothing of these cutts you speak of. I hear a lot of people talk about them and show me pictures of them and even tell me where they swim but they remain elusive to me much like bigfoot and regular bowel movements.

·
Registered
11,299 Posts
I've only fished for cutts twice, both at Lions Park before work, so I know pretty much next to nothing about it, but if you're looking for someone to try to learn with then I'd be down.

Nick

·
"Chasing Riseforms"
4,977 Posts
It can be pretty "slim pickens" out there right now. A lot of fish in the streams mating ya know? You will find a few around, but slim pickens. Things should pick up in March.

·
Josh S
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, no takers, so I'll be down around Lebo at the tide change in a few hours if anyone wants to show up. I'll be the guy in the green hat/ black jacket hacking at the water and cursing and this new rod. ;)

·
Josh S
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No luck, but at least I wasn't the only crazy guy in the rain not catching anything. Saw a few jumpers right as the tide changed but they weren't interested in my offerings. I was pleased with my new rod though. A good day I must say.

·
Registered
11,299 Posts
Glad you had a good day. Sorry I couldn't make it. Work ended up being a tad bit more involved than I was lead to believe. lol Next time for sure.

Nick

P.S. What is the new rod?

·
"Chasing Riseforms"
4,977 Posts
Picked up a Redington RS4 for beach use. Cast into my backing with ease once I got the rhythm of the rod.
You cast into your backing?!!!!! Come on.... No BS allowed here. I've been casting for 50 years and I can't cast into my backing. Maybe somebody can show me how...but I doubt it. Have a nice day!

·
Josh S
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I made the comment on my opinion of the new rod, not trying to start a pissing match here. I didn't think it was that unusual.
But if you're calling me out, let's go fishing and I'll show you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.