Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was wondering how the Deschutes River is doing, the one in Tumwater, not the Oregon one. I hit it at Pioneer Park a few weeks ago, but the water level was high, and despite a BWO hatch only 2 small fish rising out of reach. Anyone been there recently? I'm looking to get out there maybe next weekend. It sure has changed since last years floods.

·
Registered
107 Posts
THe river is still blown out and is not really very fishable above 200 cfs, and best at around 100 though I've had success at 400 but very limited.

It's a beautiful stream but tempramental this time of year. All of the river above pioneer park is now open year-round, C&R only. I don't know if the section around the park is open yet, but it's the only section that's catch-keep for trout 14" and up.

Hook 'em, play 'em, release 'em, return to step one.

:thumb

·
Registered
514 Posts
I second that motion, it's too high. I was just there yesterday checking it out.
With no rivers to fish in, saltwater seemed rather tempting, but I settled on killing a few hours scoping new spots and spending money on tying materials. That eased the pain a little.
easygoer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.