Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Slainte
6,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope to do a lot of fishing this year. As a result I'm starting to put together a list of places Team Rugged should hit.

Mann Lake, Oregon
BC lakes around Kamloops
Lenice, Nunally, Lenore
Black Lake, in the hills between Winthrop and Okanogan
Blue Lake, in the Sinlahekin
Kettle River, above Republic

How's that for starters? Eager team members are welcome to start planning dates for these destinations and coordinate them with the rest of us.

MacRowdy, no Best Westerns!!! Sleeping bags and canvas castles only!!

Roper,

Truth above all

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
interesting choices...I know me and my boys are going to Grimes on the June 1 opener. Big huge Lahanton cutts. always a great trip. all are welcome. Kamloops sounds fun, I'm also thinking about Vancouver Island for Steelhead, But maybe that shouldn't be mentioned in public. all I can say is "wow". Maybe Henry's Lake in OCtober, that could be a hoot. Never been to the Grande Ronde. That sounds like a great place in October. and Montana, the Bitterroot is calling me! And some spectacular lakes in MT as well. Ahh, we all can dream. :smokin YT

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Roper....dont try and blame the hotel room on Mac...we all know it was at your request that you two snuggled up in the Best Western. :rofl :rofl :rofl

Honestly, Im up for any of these trips, just put some more moving water on the map. Say Kelley creek, St. Joe, Vermillion Creek, and then the other zipper-lip creeks along the way.

Also I cant find those pics your talking about on the website you mentioned. Can you send me the exact link if you get bored.

cya
~Patrick ><>

·
Patrick
1,792 Posts
How about a Western Washington lake thrown into the mix to see if a diffrent group shows up. I like to fish West side lakes like Coldwater. Merrill or Pass or maybe something in between like Bumping Lake. I get East of the mountains and I do not like to stop until I get to Idaho since its not much farther anyways. Even if it is for an Eastside lake I would still like to join and meet you all. It just not the time of year for me since its snowmobile time for me and my freinds.

·
Patrick
1,792 Posts
I would love to fish Coldwater with you and anyone else this Spring. There are two problems with it now that I think about itthough. First is there is no place to camp on the lake and second the wind can come up and blow you off the lake. Merrill for a group outing might be a better option. Love the Brown and Cuts there and for some change of pace we could fish Mcbride for it many Brook trout. Maybe set up a weekend in April or May?

·
Registered
742 Posts
I would be up for a Coldwater trip. Only problem is when all you northern boys experience how good the fishing is at Coldwater, the lake may never be the same. But I think it's big enough to handle the pressure. I could take two people in my boat.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
just had a wicked idea. Lets get foam/mesh hats that say "team rugged"!! Maybe in hunter bright orange, or hot pink! the options are endless. everyone will see us coming from a mile away, and start running the other direction! ya!!}( YT

·
Just an Old Man
35,203 Posts
The thrill is not in the kill---But to let them go.

The way you guys were all lolling around in a motel room,You could all go find a fish farm and play in it. Team power puff is a good name for youse guys.:p :p :bawling

Jim

·
Registered
156 Posts
No Old man, I think team Motel would be more appropriate. Really I am just jealous of the copious amounts of liqour consumed (minus the bud or shmidt).

If you guys want some info on Black Lake let me know, I have hiked in and fished it.

Mcronariver :beer2

·
Slainte
6,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's gonna cost you lots

Like your pride and self esteem. Do you have any idea what a bunch of misfits we really are???

If you say you are one of us, you are!

And bring the BW Gold Card too!!!
Roper,

Truth above all:thumb

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
It's gonna cost you lots

WORD!!! Truck beds are way cheaper than Western beds any day. From my experience, thus far, the west coast boys seem to be all about sleeping Western style, while the few east siders are all about roughin it REAL TEAM RUGGED style. I think old man Jim hit it on the head. Way to go Mac....ruined it for all the west siders. :7 :7 :7 :p :p :p

~Patrick ><>

·
Patrick
1,792 Posts
It's gonna cost you lots

Hey I am a West side raised and the only time I stay in a motel and not the back of my truck is when I meet some gal while out playing. So 99.9999% of the time the back of my truck along some dirt road is where you will find me with my fishing rod close by when I am on a fishing trip. Besides a pick up truck bed is always made as soon as I throw out of the back the kayak and ice chest. So back up and chill with a beer.:beer1 :beer2 :smokin :thumb
The earlier coment about the truck bed being less expensive is true and more $ can be spent on supplies for the trip.

·
Another Flyfisherman
748 Posts
It's gonna cost you lots

If team rugged ever gets the idea to go do the Idaho, depending on where the destination is - those are my HOME waters - Might even have access to a cabin or something of that sort on the Henry's Fork;-) :thumb

Just a thought

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.